Monday, August 20, 2012

Music Dad Liked

Mom went through her and Dad's music and picked some songs that she knew Dad liked. I compiled them on a CD for the Celebration of Life. It was playing as people arrived. Here's the list:
  1. ABBA: I Have a Dream
  2. Lesley Gore: It's My Party
  3. James Taylor: You've Got a Friend
  4. John Lennon: Give Peace a Chance
  5. Moody Blues: Tuesday Afternoon
  6. Patsy Cline: Crazy
  7. Tanya Tucker: Half the Moon
  8. Moody Blues: Nights in White Satin
  9. Simon & Garfunkel: The Sound of Silence
  10. Simon & Garfunkel: Bridge Over Troubled Water
  11. ABBA: Voulez-vous
  12. The Teddy Bears: To Know Him Is to Love Him
  13. The Beatles: When I'm 64
  14. Everly Brothers: Wake Up Little Suzy
  15. Righteous Brothers: Soul and Heart's Inspiration
  16. Ruby & the Romantics: Our Day Will Come
  17. The Crystals: Uptown
  18. Paul Anka: Diana
  19. Frank Sinatra: Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered
  20. Everly Brothers: All I Have To Do Is Dream
  21. The Drifters: Save the Last Dance for Me
I remember Dad listening to these when I was a kid: Beethoven's Symphonies, Moody Blues, Simon & Garfunkel, Man of La Mancha soundtrack, Neil Diamond, the Carpenters, the Oakridge Boys, Kenny Rogers. What other music did he like?

No comments:

Post a Comment